First we need to figure out:
- How do you become a real estate agent?
- What is the job of a real estate agent?
- Are all real estate agents the same?
- Are all agents REALTORS®?
- What do you need from a real estate agent?
What is a real estate agent? I have heard several answers from clients, customers, friends, callers and other agents. Some say that agents are salespersons (after all we are in sales!). I beg to differ on that answer.
A real estate agent is someone that:
- Has taken a real estate licensing course
- Passed both the National and State level exams
- Is legally permitted to fill in and modify real estate contracts in the purchase or selling of real estate.
- Represents someone in a real estate transaction.